If you have dental insurance, there are three important things you need to know.
1. Dental Insurance isn’t like other insurance.
Most insurance is designed to help with large, unexpected expenses. Think about car insurance. You don't go out to the store with the intent of getting into an accident. They're always a surprise.
Fixing cars these days is expensive and auto insurance helps offset those costs.
2. Whatever part of your maximum benefit you don’t spend during the year disappears when the clock strikes Midnight on New Year’s Eve.
This is the big difference between dental insurance and other insurance. And, it's a surprise to most people. If you haven't used up your maximum benefit by the end of the year, then they're gone forever – whether you buy it yourself or your company provides your insurance.
3. More and more people have figured out how to get the most out of their dental plan.
We can help you get the most from your dental plan with strategies for pending procedures. Or, like at the end of the year, using what’s left of your benefit to start treatment now, then complete your case once the next benefit year begins.
Some other things you can do to maximize your benefit:
- Using your benefits for routine care helps prevent more serious and expensive procedures in the future.
- Don't wait til December to use the remainder of your insurance. A good time to call is before November 1st.
- Remember, either you or your employer paid for that maximum benefit. That makes it YOUR money – don't let it slip away.
Call us at (630) 858-1232 so we can help make sure you get all the care and all the benefits you deserve.